Webinar: Calibration of a Rocky DEM Simulation with ANSYS optiSLang
The automated calibration of a numerical simulation with experimental data can help to improve the credibility of the simulation results with all stakeholders. In this webinar, the setup of such an automated analysis is demonstrated for the angle-of-repose and drawn-down-angle simulated with Rocky DEM. It will also show how easy it is to use sensitivity analysis and meta-modeling techniques to find the best fit of particle specific data with the experimental data. The webinar will demonstrate how to apply Rocky DEM inside optiSLang, however, you can apply the presented workflow with any FEM, CFD or electric magnetic simulation model.
1. Process Integration
- Simulation using ROCKY DEM
- Implementation of a simulation model into optiSLang
- Definition of parameter ranges of the optimization variables
- Analysis of the design space with design of experiments
- Assessment of the correlation between optimization and response variables
- Exclusion of non-identifiable variables
- Least squares minimization
2. Sensitivity Analysis
3. Model Calibration
4. Robustness Evaluation
- Varianced based robustness evaluation
M.Sc. Bernd Büttner
to be announced
Please register not later than 1 day prior to the event date.
9-10 am or 6-7 pm (local time-Berlin)
We are looking forward to your participation.